Sunday, June 6, 2010

Centro Restaurant-Austin Ranch, TX

Hey ya'll,

This is a new restaurant located on Windhaven, The Colony Tx at Austin Ranch. The restaurant is in a good location, good atmosphere. It's brand new and they still have a few kinks to work out. I tried the appetizer - Ceviche and unless it is a new recipe, I think they left out the tomato juice or maybe it was just their version of ceviche, which I did not care for. Not much flavor, I did not taste the tomato or cilantro and they served with crackers and I prefer with tostada chips with my ceviche and I also prefer tabasco sauce in my ceviche. It was just okay, but however the chicken quesadillas were delicious.

AUTHENTIC GUATEMALAN CEVICHE - Cooks.com
4-6 medium tomatoes, finely diced
1-2 onion, finely diced
1/2 to 3/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
2-4 limes (depends on how much you like lime juice)
1/2-1 full can tomato juice
1 lb shrimp
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
salt and pepper
Simply, chop all tomatoes, onions, and cilantro and put in salad bowl. Squeeze limes into the juice. If you don't enjoy limes that much, you should still use at least 2 for this recipe.
Pour in tomato juice. Start boiling the shrimp and add garlic or Worcestershire sauce (optional). Then, add shrimp.

Finally, add salt, pepper, (will need alot!) and other spices such as garlic powder, lemon pepper, etc. if desired. Mix and serve cold.

Thanks and please join me next Saturday, June 12th for another post.

Join me and remember - "Ya'll eat!"

MiMi

No comments:

Post a Comment